Thursday, August 26, 2010

SPINEMACHINE - A Rough Start

The first year has passed and already 3 rulers sat in the throne. A rough start, but at least, the last ruler has solved the starvation issues.



And so the fortress is now passed onto me. As I sat my ass on my throne, I immediately started looking at the fortress design. About an hour and half later, here I sit with a few plans of my own. Let's start off by looking at this magnificent little message our dear friend left us:





Moving on... The first task I have decided to take on is getting rid of all the useless "construction" stones lying around or placed in stockpiles. I can achieve this by making a garbage dump. With a dump, I can basically stack items on a single tile, reducing a lot of clutter. Of course, I will keep some of the construction stones available in case I need some emergency walls and shit. I'm not sure yet where I will place this awesome dump, but fuck it, what's the worst that could happen?





My next plan involves adding security. I have decided to remove all the slopes around the mountain which allowed any creature to be able to move upwards to the top of the mountain. As of right now, this is MY mountain. No creature should be able to reach the peak of the mountain. Doing this should ensure that nothing is able to attack from above.





And finally, I want to finish off with some reorganization. For some reason, most of the workshops are placed in a single room with no supplies nearby. This means that the dwarf working at the station must leave his post and go across the fortress to gather any object he may need. I think simply mining out a large room, adding some stockpiles, and then adding some separations will be the best thing to do.





Hopefully, I don't manage to do too much harm to the Fortress.

No comments: